*Disclaimer* Brickapalooza is an independent company that is not affiliated with the LEGO® company.
Here at Brickapalooza, we are looking for new instructors and party facilitators! If you like working with children and are fond of LEGO® we may have the job for you!
We host birthdays at our location in Tyngsboro nearly every weekend and have a need for party facilitators. Facilitators act as the in house host for the party, they are responsible for setting up before the party, managing the party itself interacting with children and adults and cleaning up after the party ends. Facilitators are also responsible for managing additional staff required to host parties.
Our classes are being requested by more and more schools, home school programs, community centers, museums and camp programs, and we are looking for smart, enthusiastic, creative, and dynamic instructors to help fill this demand. School age groups range from 5-12 years of age and programs range from Creative Building to Advanced Robotics. Much of our curriculum is developed in house and we encourage our instructors to participate in curriculum development. Other curriculum is purchased from LEGO Education and modified to add our unique touches.
Brickapalooza is growing quickly. We often have more educational opportunities than we can staff and are interested in adding staff. As staff increases we will begin exploration of an additional party/education center. All positions are part time. Weekend hours range from 4-10 hours per day and weekday educational hours average about 4 hours per day. Summer educational hours range from 6-8 hours per day. Hours are not guaranteed but we make every effort to give willing employees as many hours as possible.
Prior experience in the industry is not necessary. We provide instruction and materials for our instructors. Our instructors are teachers, engineers, software developers, and architects.
LEGO® PARTY FACILITATOR AND/OR INSTRUCTOR
- Must have a flexible schedule and available to work between the hours of 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM during the school year. During the summer must be available to work from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Party facilitators must be available Friday evenings and between 10am – 7:30pm on weekends.
- Must have your own vehicle to transport materials which can be heavy.
- You should be bright, inquisitive, and fun loving
- Dependable, prompt, and ability to be flexible
- You must truly enjoy working with children and be able to maintain discipline while directing their design/building experience without being overtly strict
- A thorough understanding of basic scientific and engineering principles and a love of tinkering and problem solving
- Pursuing or obtained B.S. in engineering and/or teaching-related field is desired (Open to undergrad and graduate students)
- All applicants are subject to criminal background checks.
Interested applicants should fill out the form below and include a resume and cover letter. We will contact you if your qualifications meet our needs.